Why we are regarded as one of the Best Immigration Lawyers in New Zealand
We have practised in immigration law and have on a day-to-day basis dealt with Immigration New Zealand for more than 17 years.
We have successfully helped thousands of clients gain residency in New Zealand or get out of a difficult situation with Immigration NZ.
With our insight and experience in New Zealand immigration law and procedure, we are able to formulate a unique strategy that works for you.
As a multi-cultural firm, we understand what it's like to go through an immigration and visa process, and unlike bigger law firms, each and every client will receive our personal attention.
Recent immigration IPT appeal cases
Here are some of the cases where we were able to persuade the Immigration and Protection Tribunal to overturn complex immigration cases.
- NZIPT 205275 - Special circumstances recognised
- NZIPT 204948 - Immigration New Zealand decision held incorrect
- NZIPT 204705 - Immigration New Zealand decision held incorrect
- NZIPT 204731 - New evidence accepted as an exception
- NZIPT 204480 - Immigration New Zealand decision held incorrect
- NZIPT 203516 - Immigration New Zealand decision held incorrect
- NZIPT 201323 - Immigration New Zealand decision held incorrect
- NZIPT 201238 - Special circumstances recognised
- NZIPT 200715 - Immigration New Zealand decision held incorrect
- NZIPT 200395 - Immigration New Zealand decision held incorrect
Michael went to the University of Canterbury and studied Law and Commerce.
He holds a current practising certificate with the New Zealand Law Society as a lawyer.
His first legal job was with Cavell Leitch, a mid-sized law firm, where he stayed for a couple of years.
He joined another local law firm Kannangara Thomson and was later made a partner.
In December 2018, he started MY Law, specialising in New Zealand immigration law.
He is a member of organisations such as NZLS, ADLS, NZAMI and NZAIP.
He spends a lot of his time going over immigration changes announced by the government, keeping up to date with immigration instructions, and undertaking continued professional development.
Michael regularly publishes easy-to-understand content on his YouTube channel Immigration Lawyers New Zealand as well as on this website and other social media platforms for migrants interested in immigration law in general.