Who can apply for a visa using Immigration Online?
Applicants from the following visa categories can use the Immigration ONLINE service to apply for their visa:
Work Visa types:
- Essential Skills
- Work Visa – Approval in Principle
- Post-Study Work Visa – Open and Employer Assisted
- Student and Trainee Work Visa
- Work to Residence – Long Term Skill Shortage List, Talent Accredited Employer Work Visa and Talent Arts Culture Sport Work Visa
- Religious Worker Work Visa
- Specific Purpose or Event
Visitor Visa types:
- General Visitor
- Business Visitor
- Antarctic travellers
- Approved arts or music festival
- Applicants seeking occupational registration in NZ
- Children adopted overseas or children to be adopted
- Child victims of people trafficking
- Crew joining vessel or aircraft
- Escorts of patients coming to NZ for medical treatment or consultation
- German law students and graduates
- High-end music act
- Involvement in sports events, tours or tournaments
- Owners and crew of super yachts
- Parents and Grandparents of NZ Citizens or Residents (single applicant only allowed)
- Pitcairn Islanders
- Refugee or protection status claimants
- Seeking medical treatment or consultation
- Short term English language studies
- Temporary Retirement
- Travelling by private yacht or aircraft
- Visiting academics
- Visiting Media Programme
- Work visa holders dismissed during a trial period
- Guardian of a Student Visitor Visa
Student Visa types
- All student visa types except for Vocational Trainee category OR dependent child student visas
You can now include family members in your online visitor visa application and apply online for group visitor visas.
Can I use my mobile phone or my tablet to submit an application?
The online form has been designed for use primarily on a computer rather than a phone or tablet. For example, you will need to have your documents ready in PDF format; if you don’t have this already you will need access to a scanner or another method of converting your documents into a PDF.
This answer was last updated on 19 February, 2018.
From Immigration New Zealand website under Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) 3.0 New Zealand Licence.