Green List for Civil Engineering Technician
Details on eligibility for Straight to Residency or Green List Work to Residence pathways and streamlined Accredited Employer Work Visa
Based on Operation Manual Appendix 13 published on 11 August 2023
Minimum pay requirement
$29.66 per hour
Non-Degree Post-Study Work Visa
Green List Tier 1
Conducts tests of construction materials, prepares sketches and tabulations, and assists in estimating costs in support of Civil Engineering Professionals and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.
Green List Requirements
One of the following:
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Civil Engineering) (NZQF Level 7)
- A diploma at NZQF Level 6, or a higher qualification, with the minimum equivalent of 240 credits, which includes the knowledge requirements of the New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Civil) (Level 6)
- A Washington Accord or Sydney Accord accredited undergraduate (initial) engineering degree in Civil Engineering (listed - see Note 2)
- A qualification at NZQF Level 7 or higher, with a letter from Engineering New Zealand certifying that the degree and any further learning meet the benchmark requirements towards Chartered Professional Engineer status in New Zealand
- NZ registration in the field of Civil Engineering as a Chartered Professional Engineer or as an Engineering Technologist by Engineering New Zealand
Minimum Pay Requirement
A minimum hourly pay rate of $29.66 is required.
To be eligible you must be working for an accredited employer or have a job offer from one. If you meet all the visa requirements you can apply for a Straight to Residence Visa now.
Unsure about something?
It is important to file your form correctly and to provide all of the required documentation. Immigration Lawyers New Zealand will stay with you from start to finish! Learn more about what we can do to help.