What to request
How to apply
If you are outside New Zealand, send all requests for a letter of authority to: HKPC@mbie.govt.nz
You must provide the following information in your email request:
- full name
- date of birth
- Hong Kong ID number
- current residential region if not Hong Kong
- the type of visa you are applying for
When you have received the letter of authority, you need to provide it and the other required documents to the Hong Kong Police
The Commissioner of Police
(Attn: EO CNCC)
14/F, Arsenal House, Police Headquarters
1 Arsenal Street
What to provide
You will need to provide:
- letter of authority from INZ
- completed fingerprint consent form
- completed Application for Certificate of No Criminal Conviction form
- completed standard personal data form
- photocopy of your Hong Kong Identity Card or travel document, showing the Chinese Commercial Code numbers
- full set of fingerprints, taken and certified by a recognised and official police or law enforcement agency where you currently reside
Certification of the fingerprints must clearly state:
- the name and rank of the person taking the fingerprints
- the full name of the police or law enforcement agency
- the date and place they were taken
Fees to pay
You may need to pay a fee. Contact the issuing authority for further details.
You should allow enough time to obtain this document before it is required for your visa application. Contact the issuing authority to find out how long your request for a police certificate will take.
The Hong Kong Police will only issue a Certificate of No Criminal Conviction if you provide a letter of authority signed by an immigration officer on behalf of Immigration New Zealand (INZ). The Hong Kong Police will send the certificate to the INZ office that issued the letter of authority.
If you are applying for a visa using Immigration Online, upload a receipt for the certificate given to you by the Hong Kong Police. You can use the date you are submitting the visa application as the certificate issue date.
Your certificate must be less than 6 months old when you submit your application to Immigration New Zealand.